Sunday, July 25, 2010

Brother and Sister vs. The One Who is the One on The New World Order


Witch and Wizard by: James Patterson and Gabrielle Charbonnet

Whitford and Wisteria Allgood, commonly looking kids. Whit is the allstar quarterback and Wisty is his always finds trouble little sister. Everything changes the night the New Order takes over. With Whit and Wisty taken from their home and placed in prison, what’s the charge? They are charged with being a Witch and a Wizard. Even during that first raid strange things happen with Wisty, she disappears, and then catches on fire. As they journey, they are utterly alone, they are moved to another prison because they are regarded as highly dangerous. Whit is scheduled to be executed on his 18th birthday which is less than 4 months away. They are starved and it doesn’t look like it can get any worse. They have no idea where their parents are or even if they are still alive. They didn’t know there was anything extraordinary about them until they were arrested for being different. As they learn about what the world is now about, they also learn that they will play a very special part of a prophesy that doesn’t look good for the Allgoods, but what if it’s better for all mankind?

Witch and Wizard was a good read. If it was a school report, I would give Patterson a B. It held my attention and was a fast read. The only problem is that I read it and then immediately started reading other books, so I can’t really remember all of the details of the story. Before the second installment comes out I’ll have to re-read it.

I do remember that I enjoyed Wisty’s character. Her sarcastic attitude was fun to read. She kept saying “I’m a scary witch,” which was a funny additive since she said it before she even believed it. The journey for the Allgoods to discover who they were was an exciting trip filled with laughs, scary moments, and sad times.

I also liked the dual point of view between Wisty and Whit. They had a special relationship that makes you think back to the days when you and your bother were kidnapped and imprisoned for just being yourself, oh wait, that didn’t happen.

Well this is a short blog, but I hope you give the book a chance, it was a quick read from an interesting view point.

2 comments:

Sturgmom said...

I like James Patterson, but I'm not into supernatural/fantasy stuff that much (unless it starts with a T and rhymes with Bilight. Or HP). Maybe I'll pick this up at the library sometime.

CharityReads said...

This was a pretty good read, you know I'm all over the map with books, but I enjoyed it.