Sunday, July 18, 2010

I hope that burger was worth it Bree...


The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by: Stephenie Meyer

The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner is an Eclipse Novella. It is a short view of the enemy vampires through the eyes of Bree. Bree is a new born, around 3 months old, she is hungry and doesn’t know any of the rules about her new life as a vampire. Riley was not her creator, but he was her keeper, it was his job to not only make sure that he got numbers, but also to keep them hidden and safe. Bree had figured out that Riley had lied to them all, but was unsure if he was being lied to or if he was making up the lies. Well, any twi-hard can tell you what’s going to happen in the end. Meyer doesn’t change it because we got to know the character, but in her introduction she speaks of wishing the ending was different.

I enjoyed this novella, very much. It made me want to read the entire series again. I know it made me want to watch Eclipse in the theater again. No matter how I try, there seems to be no escape from the Twilight world. I do have to admit that I love the story and the magic of this world that Meyer has created. But, thankfully I do realize that it’s not real and I’m not a collector or anything.

The best part of the book was Bree and Diego’s relationship, it helped Bree reach out of her self-absorbed life and open up to the possibilities of a new life without the other new born vampires that she had lived with for her entire second life. Diego was a little older, and therefore a little wiser. As the reader, you hope for the best for their relationship, but know what the ending is going to be.

The one thought that I would have changed, was the fact that there was one vampire that came and attacked at the end, you know the one that crushed Jacob. Who was that? I assumed that it was Diego. But, Bree was so sure of him being killed the night he stayed and talked with Riley and their creator. So, that leaves the question, who was that last vampire that came out alone to continue the battle with the Cullen family?

So, what did you think? Agree or Disagree, did you like the Novella? Leave a comment and let me know.

1 comment:

Melody said...

I had forgotten about this novella until the last day it was online so I had to read it really fast right before it was taken down. Wow! I did the same thing, I went and watched Twilight and New Moon and re-read Eclipse. I love this world and would live there if they let me.