Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I am so TEAM ERIC!


Dead to the World by Charlaine Harris

I have to ask what you would do… if you saw a man running down the road in his bathing suit. So, what would you do? I have to be honest, I would punch on the gas so hard that rocks would probably fly in his face, but Sookie, kind hearted Sookie, stopped to find that it was no man at all, but it was Eric the vampire. He not only was running naked down her road, but he also has no memory of how he got there or even who he is. Without his memory of who he is, he’s a much kinder, gentler Eric. Quickly they realize that whoever took his memory wants to do more than that to him, they want to take his life. As Sookie investigates into what happened to Eric she is continually drawn into the world of the supernatural. Witches, vampires, and werewolves may have to battle it out in order for Eric to get his life back, but is that what Sookie wants? This new Eric is so different from his normal self and she wants this sensitive Eric to stick around.

When I first borrowed this entire book series from a couple of friends of mine, I noticed after I read the first few books that the forth book had a blonde vampire on the cover, I wasn’t sure how I felt about that. After all I was no Bill fan, but I also hate change, but I was pleasantly surprised by the change that takes place in this book. This is my favorite of the entire series. This book is the hinge book. Everything changes after Sookie catches Bill in the act of being unfaithful to her in Club Dead, now things change even more. With Sookie baby-sitting Eric, it’s easy for her to forget her disdain for the vampire and free her emotions and open up her heart to someone she never expected.

Something that I’m enjoying about the books is that when you think that the danger is over there is probably going to be at least one or more horrible things that’s going to happen after that. Of course anything that happens at the end of a book is not the end of that subject, it will be revisited in a later book.

So, what did you think? Did you like the change of characters? Are you on Team Bill or Team Eric?

No comments: