Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Girl on Fire Ignites


Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

Katniss Everdeen, the girl on fire has survived the Hunger Games. As victors, she and Peeta are the stars of the show. All begins wrong when President Snow shows up at her home in District 12 and threatens everyone that she loves. She will soon start the victory tour and if she plays the audience right, then she'll save the ones she loves, if not then torture and death are immanent. Once the tour is over she wonders if she has played her part correctly, but is quickly derailed by more turns. Will she survive the impending doom that lays before her or is she just another piece of the Games?

Catching Fire is a great second novel. There are twists and turns that will surprise the reader at every level. I love that Collins has surprises at every level. I have no idea where the story is leading and then here comes a turn of events that I didn't see coming. It's very intriguing. Catching Fire will keep you on your toes and keep you reading until the last page. Even when the last page comes, you can't wait until the next book.

There are a couple of ideas that I’m excited to see come through in the third installment. I won’t go on until the series is over.

Somehow I was distracted after I read Catching Fire the first time. I never wrote my blog. As I anxiously awaited the release of the third book, Mockingjay, I thought that this would be a great time to reread this series that I liked so much. As I reread every word, the feelings of the first time came back to me very unexpectedly. I just assumed that I would read and go on, but there were a lot of details that I had forgotten in the Hunger Games and Catching Fire. It got me all fired up about reading Mockingjay. Now, a year later, here I am writing my blog and I still don't know what to say about the book. I've already given too much information in my summary and I don't want to give up any more details, so I'll just leave you saying, read this book. It is one of the best series I've read, ever.

Let me know what you think about this series. Leave me a comment.

No comments: