Saturday, May 21, 2011

The Gift can also be a Curse, read on to see for yourself


The Gift by James Patterson

Whit and Wisty Allgood are still in trouble with “The one who is the one” and the government, The New Order. Since they were taken from their home, imprisoned, and continually on the run for their very lives, the Allgood’s keep learning new things about their abilities and the enemy’s abilities too. They have also found themselves as leaders of a revolution against the government that is trying to take away books, art, and even people’s imaginations. As the hunt for Whit and Wisty continues, they are both having inner struggles that could lead to more than just their capture and death, but the death of the revolt.
The Gift was ok. I read Witch and Wizard a while back, maybe when it first came out and was excited to hear that The Gift was out. While I was reading, this segment in the series ran a little slower than the proceeding book. By the end I was glad that I read it, but during I thought that it moved slower with a little less action than the first. By the end the characters hit some crazy times and it made it better.

The only problem with this series is that they are not memorable. I read it and picked up another book and now I really can’t remember what I liked and disliked about it. That is not usual for me, so I went back and read my blog for Witch and Wizard, and the craziest thing, I couldn’t remember what happened in it by the time I wrote my blog. So I came to the conclusion that it must not be very memorable.

Well if you have read the first, you might as well continue in the journey with Whit and Wisty, but if you haven’t, then no worries, there are other great books out there that you can read and remember later. If you’ve read it, leave me a comment and let me know what you thought!

No comments: