Friday, September 23, 2011

Sisters United to Destroy Good Ole Dad!


The Secret Life of Prince Charming by Deb Caletti

A karmic quest. This is what 3 half sisters set out to do, right wrongs and learn truth along the way. Quinn finds out that her father, who she consistently defends and tries to find the best in, while overlooking his eccentric and selfish tendencies, has stolen items from many women and kept them as trophies over the years. The sisters set out to return the items, behind their father’s back. All the women in Quinn’s life have been hurt and distrust men, and Quinn is starting to agree when her steady predictable boyfriend dumps her for another girl. The main idea that Quinn tries to uncover is the truth even if the truth hurts.

I picked this one up at Books A Million. We have a semi-new section in our local BAM that has isles of new books for clearance prices. I bought this book for $2.95. I was pumped, I had seen Caletti’s name in the YA section for quite a while and this was the opportunity to give her a chance. Of course this is not my natural go to genre of books to read, but I can’t say that I didn’t enjoy this pick.

I’m such a fantasy nut. I have enough of real life, I don’t need to read real life too, but I was glad that I made a switch for this book. This was a charming story about a quest for truth about love. I enjoyed the great character interaction and I was so glad to see some real life situations with real life consequences for decisions made by the characters. The book was not all happy endings and everything is wrapped up nicely in the end, almost nothing gets on my nerves more than that. There’s just not a whole lot to say about books like this. It is yet another book that I would add to the “beach reads.” Not a book that will rock your world, but if you are looking for something entertaining and fun to read, it’s a good one.

Keep reading my friends!

No comments: