Sunday, June 24, 2012

Harper Connelly Mysteries Part1


Grave Sight by Charlaine Harris
First word that comes to mind is, BORING! It took me 2 weeks to read this book, just because I didn’t want to read it after I started it.  The main character Harper Connelly has a strange ability to sense when she is near dead people, she developed after being electrocuted by lightning.  The story is an interesting idea, I have not read any books with this concept before but it was just not developed well. 

Harper travels with her step brother Tolliver who is a strange character that I think the audience is supposed to relate to since there is not a lot to relate to with Harper, but he falls short on a loveable character.  Plus their relationship is a little weird, I thought at any moment they were going to jump into bed together, thankfully that did not happen.  I have read most of the Sookie Stackhouse books by the same author, but where Sookie is a fun loveable character with a strange ability, she is relatable and well written, Harper is boring and uninteresting. 
The reason I read this book in the first place is because I borrowed the second and third book from a friend and I’ve had them for years. I am working through my borrowed books and thought, this will be a fast read before the next book club book.  Well I was wrong, it was not a quick read and I never got to the book club book.

Well I am not going to go into any more detail about this book because it just is not worth my time.  But true to character, I am going to try and read the borrowed second and third book of this series, if I don’t get to it, no lost sleep will happen.  Keep reading my friends!

No comments: