Sunday, August 12, 2012

Sometimes Freedom Comes after You go to Hell and Back


Witch and Wizard: The Fire by James Patterson and Jill Dembowski
The Fire, the third book of the Witch and Wizard story, is a story about a sister and brother duo that tries to save the world, one magical spell at a time.  There is a prophecy about Whit and Wisty that says they will prevail over The One Who is the One, the evil world dictator.  This same dictator considers himself deity and wants to control all elements in his war for power.  He has outlawed all music, art, books, anything that could distract you from your current suffering.  In this last book he also has struck all problem children with a “blood plague” that has Wisty sick and on her death bed.  It seems that all that can go wrong has, but to what end?
This being the third book, I have invested some time and money, unfortunately, in this series.  I have read and forgotten most of the details about Witch and Wizard and The Gift and now I am quickly writing as much as I can remember about The Fire before I forget all of these details as well.  Although this series was a quick read, easy to follow and has some fast paced action packed scenes, the characters are pretty well developed, but it is what it is, a young adult book written by James Patterson.  I feel like my writing has gone downhill after reading this book and I also feel that I need to read something that will heighten my intelligence now.  I cannot say that I will continue this series if he decides to write any more, I probably will, but there was a good enough ending to complete the story and not pick it back up, but he did leave it open to where it could continue, let’s hope not. 

I have only read one other book series from Patterson and it is about mutated kids with bird DNA in them.  I read the first few of this series and stopped.  I never decided if I was going to continue, but the last book of the series is about to come out in a few weeks and now that I know it is ending, I’m kind of curious about what happens to these bird kids.  Isn’t it funny how I can dislike a book but if it’s a series I feel like I have to continue to give it a chance, especially if I see an end in sight?  Craziness. 
Have you read this series?  What have you thought?  Keep reading my friends!  

No comments: