Monday, December 17, 2012

Team Jem or Team Will?


The Infernal Devices: Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare
Tessa Gray longs to know what she is.  She has a unique ability to become anyone in the world as long as she is in possession of a personal object of the person’s.  As she has taken refuge from the evil Mortmain with the Shadowhunters she has learned more about their way of life.  Of course there is a love triangle between Tessa, Will Herondale and Jem Cairstars.  She is attracted to both of the Shadowhunters even though Will is a pompous, egotistical punk and Jem is slowly dying.  As the story continues, the destiny of the Institute, the refuge in London for any Shadowhunters, hangs in the balance, Charlotte, Henry, Jessimine, Will, Jem and Tessa fight to find the location of Mortmain and work to discover his plans.

Of course if you look back on my previous blogs you will find that it is no surprise that I love Cassandra Clare.  I have read all of the Mortal Instruments and now the Infernal Devices.  Her writing captures and forces the audience to fall head over hills for her characters.  I can tell you anything you want to know about Jace and Clary.  They are exceptionally written and I can’t wait until their story comes to an end and then again I want her to continue the series forever.  Jem, Will and Tessa are much the same.  The characters are so developed and the plot is wonderful so I not only read these books, I devour them.  Who doesn’t want to read about half human half angel beings fighting demons so we mundains can have a demon free world?

I love Tessa, she is a reader and that is always fun for other readers to enjoy. 

This book’s conclusion is heart wrenching.  I could not believe everything that took place at the end.  Without spoilers, there is death, celebration, reconciliation, misery, surprise.  I hope you enjoy this book as much as I did.  If you are any sort of fan of fantasy or Young Adult literature, Cassandra Clare’s series come highly recommended from me!  Keep Reading my Friends! 

No comments: