Sunday, December 29, 2013

Disasters Welcome Here!


Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuire
Who has two thumbs and loves the same book from a different character’s point of view?  This girl!  I love when I fall in love with characters and then I get to see them from a whole different angle.  I’m having a hard time starting another book since I finished this book (it’s been less than 24 hours), but my heart belongs to Pigeon and of course Travis.  I also loved the best friends, America and Shepley, what wonderful friends.  I loved how scared Shep was that he was going to lose America because of his crazy cousin Travis and that he was so in love with her and he wouldn’t let anything come between them, even Travis’ happiness. 

I love Travis, isn’t he wonderful?  Who’s Team Travis?  I guess there are no reason for teams since there is no love triangle, but there should be teams and we should have cheers for Travis because he is so cool.  Bad boy exterior, soft loving heart, he makes all reading girls swoon!  No one should like him as a character, but Abby brings out the good guy in Travis so it’s easy to like him and all readers fall for him.
So, the question we are all asking is, what was different between Beautiful and Walking (Disaster)?  Great question, here are a few of my opinions, first of all I loved seeing inside Travis’ head, there weren’t any surprises, but I loved that he spent more time with his family than we knew about.  So sweet.  It was also sweet to see how much he loved Abby Abernathy and that he truly never gave up on their love.  While in Abby’s Point of View we just knew that he was up to his old habits during their time apart, that he was drowning his sorrows (which happened to be true) and sleeping with every woman that walked by (which did not happen, but was believable). 

Since these books are literally the exact same books (Beautiful Disaster and Walking Disaster) I’m not going into any more detail.  Just download them as soon as humanly possible and read them.  You will not be disappointed, you will actually be mad at me for not recommending them to you sooner! 
One disclaimer, this is not Young Adult Literature, instead it is from the New Adult Genre and is not recommended by me for anyone younger than 17 years old.  Keep Reading my Friends! 

No comments: