Saturday, April 26, 2014

I wish School Pride was a real Movie... I would watch it!


Between the Lines by Tammara Webber

As a child actor who did her fair share of commercials and made-for-tv movies, Emma has landed her big breakout role in an onscreen movie called School Pride, a present day Pride and Prejudice with her very own Mr. Darcy, the Reid Alexander.  This dual point of view book has both Reid and Emma wondering if their onscreen chemistry can swing right into real life magic.  Reid and Emma are confused about what their relationship should be and then there is the Graham complication.  Who is Emma supposed to be with?  Only one way to find out, read it!

I read Tammara Webber’s book Easy sometime last year and really enjoyed it.  I liked the characters and the flow of the book and so I quickly purchased Between the Lines on my Nook excited about reading more of Webber’s literary creations.  Then my ever growing TBR pile distracted me, since then, I have read books with friends, books with movie adaptations coming out, there is my library list, and books that have been recently released.  So, I have inevitably been sidetracked, but I always come back to my nook list.  Recently, I finished Maybe Someday, and I was doing some Facebook stalking and found Tammara Webber and saw that Easy is going to have a companion book called Breakable (um, I can’t wait!) and that reminded me that I had Webber books to read.  I started reading and quickly realized I was hooked.  I couldn’t wait to get off work to read, I couldn’t wait to read during my lunch break and it was difficult to stop reading when it was way too late to be up reading.

Why couldn’t I put this book down?  I loved the multi levels of the story and the themes that went along with it.  There was the acting “between the lines” theme where what was happening on camera was a lot like what was going on off screen.  I loved that the movie was an off-shoot of Pride and Prejudice and that’s what was happening between the characters.  Reid was the perfect Darcy and although Graham wasn’t playing Wickham in School Pride, he was a fantastic third to our love triangle (or is Reid Wickham and Graham is Darcy, can’t say, you’ll have to read it).

I disliked Reid the entire story.  I wanted to punch him straight in his obnoxious face.  I’ve read enough books in my life that I know Webber will change my final opinion of Reid, I just can’t see how, that is how much I dislike Reid. On the contrary, I really like Graham and from the beginning I wanted Graham and Emma to hook up from the first minute they met.  I also liked all of the actors and the relationships they built while filming School Pride and I even started to like Brooke.  She was just one of those mean girls with a horrible exterior and we come to find out she has a warm nougat center. 
I’m going to immediately start Where You Are, so look Webber up and no matter what, Keep Reading my Friends!

No comments: