Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Just Breathe


Ten Tiny Breaths by K.A. Tucker
I thoroughly enjoy a book with a teachable moment.  This specific book is about the aftermath of an accident that took place because a college student decided to drive under the influence of alcohol.  Four years later, Kacey Cleary deals in her own way with the tragedy by freezing everyone out and keeping all feelings buried and the past in the past.  Needing a new start she and her fifteen year old sister hop a bus to Miami from Michigan and try to start over.  The only problem is they aren’t the only new comers in her new dump of a place in 1D, he is physically perfect and perfectly mysterious.  With a new job and a fresh start can Kacey begin a new life? 

I picked this book up from my local library.  One of our libraries has just started purchasing New Adult books and it thrills my heart.  I specifically requested this title because I went to an author event in Nashville, TN and K.A. Tucker was one of the many authors that were there to meet their fans.  I wanted to read as many of the authors before I went and I sadly didn’t make it very far on my list.  I finished this book the day after the event, but I had a great short conversation with Ms. Tucker about how much I was enjoying her book and was excited to finish it.
What I liked: I really liked Livie, Kacey’s sister.  She was wise beyond her years and had a deep love for her sister and such a great heart and I really enjoyed anytime she was on the scene.  I also liked Storm and how she was so patient with Kacey and their new friendship.  She helped slowly thaw out Kacey’s heart, to the point where Kacey didn’t even realize that she had allowed her heart to thaw until later in the story she realized as Storm’s life was in danger that she couldn’t live without her new family. 

I loved the Ten Tiny Breaths and how they were weaved in the story.  She only counted to 10 one time and that was pretty much the end of the book, it was really neat that it was like her mother gave her this life changing advice that would save her life. 
I have the next book in my possession, I can’t wait to read it and continue on with the series.  Keep reading my Friends! 

No comments: