Saturday, June 28, 2014

One Mistake Can Change Everything.



The Perfect Game by J. Sterling
Have I mentioned how much I love indie writers?  I have had this book on my kitchen table, borrowed from the library and it just waited patiently to be read.  I met the author in Nashville and told her how excited I was about reading her books.  I’m sure she was like, ok, whatever (she was really nice, but if I heard a reader say “I can’t wait to read your books” but she didn’t buy my books, I wouldn’t really hold my breath that she was going to read my book).  Either way, she was really sweet, and crazy funny (she kept grabbing Tina Reber’s rear).  Actually all of the authors were fun and made you feel at home at their tables.  I just wish I would have known about the event with plenty of time to read all of the authors before I got there. 

The Perfect Game is a New Adult love story about a girl named Cassie that meets Jack Carter, the baseball player of their college and also the player of their school as well.  There is a spark between them from the first time they met for both Cassie and Jack.  With a past that doesn’t want to let either of them trust the other, they open their hearts to love.  Well if it ended there it would have been a sweet book, but there has to be something earth shattering, heart breaking and horrible happen.  When that thing happens, I was really upset.  I didn’t want to go to sleep, I wanted to first reach my hand inside the book and punch Jack in the face, then I wanted to read until my eyes wouldn’t stay open.  With a full work day looming in front of me I went to sleep and finished the book the next evening after work.  It was a long day waiting for reading time.
What I loved about the book.  I loved Cassie, I loved that she hated the nickname Kitten and the way she played hard to get with Jack.  She was a great character that I loved from the first page.  I also loved her BFF Melissa and Jack’s brother Dean.  They were excellent secondary characters that made good pages great!  I really want to see a hook up between these two, I guess I have to read on to find out if that’s going to happen or not.  Now let’s talk about Jack Carter.  First of all, who doesn’t love an arrogant Jock?  I know I married one, so that is right up my alley.  He committed the unforgivable sin in my book and therefore I wanted to punch him in the face, but if Cassie can get over it, I will read on and get over it as well. 

This book made me laugh, cry and I didn’t want to stop reading until the last page was done.  Please read this book and support Indie Writers!  Keep Reading my Friends!

No comments: