Friday, July 4, 2014

Heartbreaking and Heartwarming at the Exact Same Time!


Breakable (Contours of the Heart, #2) by Tammara Webber
Have you ever had something happen to you that is so horrible you never mentioned it again for fear that you would actually break apart?  I personally have not had anything this horrible happen to me, but I have had friends that tell me their story and it absolutely breaks my heart the things that they have been through and usually at such a young age.  The Contours of the Heart series follows heartbreak in a few different ways.

I loved Easy.  I remember reading it and learning right along with Jacqueline about how to deal with what she was going through, but also how to help others and what happened to Lucas. 
Breakable was the absolute best man point of view book I have ever read.  I loved the jumping between Landon and Lucas (genius!) and how they ran parallel to each other while yet being worlds apart from the Lucas we all came to love during Easy.  I enjoyed that we were actually in Lucas’ head and that we weren’t a third party member listening to what was going on.  Webber didn’t retell the story of Easy, she gave us a new story with a similar plot.  Sometimes you read a male POV book and it’s the exact same book with his inner monologue and it adds nothing to the story.  Then sometimes you get a book that gives excellent back story with great in-depth details that make us fall for our book crush even harder.  But to me, Webber has changed how we will look at these books forever with Breakable because of how she wrote it.  She gave us brief reminders of what happened from Jacqueline’s POV but didn’t even give us the entire conversation, she saved room for us to learn more about Lucas or Landon.  It was written beautifully and I loved every word.

 This book is both heartbreaking and heartwarming.  I have read all of Tammara Webber’s books and I love each one and I can’t wait to see what she writes next.  She has a way with bringing characters to life and Lucas/Landon is no exception. 
With all New Adult books I must place a warning on it that I would only recommend this to 18 year old readers and above.  Find a book or author you love!  Keep Reading my friends!

No comments: