Sunday, March 24, 2013

Fang and Angel, coming to the end of Maximum Ride


 
Fang by James Patterson and Angel by James Patterson (Both Maximum Ride Novels)

















In Fang, we watch as Fang and Maximum Ride become a couple, separate from the flock and rejoin all with Angel trying to become the leader and undermining Max’s authority and telling Max and Fang that Fang will soon die and leave them forever.  We are also introduced to Dr. Hans and Dylan, a power hungry doctor and the clone that he created to be Max’s exact match. 
In Angel, Fang has left the flock and formed his own gang as Max tries to learn to live and lead the flock without her right hand man.  Angel seems to have let go of her need to lead and is submitting to Max’s authority but there is a new group out to destroy the world.  Their message is to save the world, kill all humans.  As both Max and Fang’s groups try and find the root of the world phenomenon The Dooms Day Group, they may have to form alliances to take down this seemingly evil group.  But while Fang is away, Dylan looses no time in letting Max know his true feelings about her and it quickly becomes a thing between them. 

This series is an interesting story, from the beginning we’ve watched the bird kids grow up a little and defeat all odds to not only stay alive, but to beat anyone who is trying to destroy the world.  These two books are the sixth and seventh book in the series and there is only one left.  The question of the day is, do I continue and finish this last book of the series or do I quit while I’m ahead?  I’ll probably finish it.  This series is written for a much younger audience than even I read.  It would be great for ages 12-14ish.  I of course am always behind so I’m reading it in my… well never mind.  So, if you have read the other books, go on and keep going, but if you have not started the series, then I’m not recommending this series.  Keep Reading My Friends! 

No comments: