Sunday, July 14, 2013

Retreating Has Never Sounded So Good!


Point of Retreat by Colleen Hoover (Slammed #2)
Can I call this an epic love story?  Probably not.  But I really want to.  I love this book, these characters, the plot, the twists and turns that Hoover takes us on.  Epic?  Maybe not, but definitely a story worth writing down and we thank you Colleen for giving us this gift.  Listen to me, I haven’t even finished the series and I’m already declaring it not epic, it could totally become epic in the last book of the Slammed series.

Point of Retreat is the moment in Will and Layken’s alone time when they know that they must retreat before things go too far.  I loved this.  I loved that they kept their word to Julia when it could have been so easy to break after she was gone.  I love that they respected their boundaries and retreated when things were going too far. 
New characters were introduced and who doesn’t love a know it all 11 year old that is wise beyond her years and cusses like a sailor, ok, maybe not that last part, but Kiersten was a great addition to the gang.  Her mother Sherry also gave some great words of wisdom to Will as things were looking dark for him and Layken.  Not new to the story, but I still love Kel and Caulder, they are such great kids and fun and I just love them.  They make me laugh and I appreciate how they took a stand for Kiersten.

While we’re on Will, let’s give Mrs. Hoover a round of applause for changing the book’s POV character and not missing a beat.  I actually loved Layken more through Will’s eyes than when I was in her head.  And isn’t Will one of the best male characters ever?!?!  I mean really, he is great and responsible and emotional  and amazing! 
Of course no book is any good if there isn’t something horrible that happens.  When this something horrible does happen I was so upset I actually almost prayed for one of the characters.  I think I was a little sleep deprived and a lot crazy for praying for made up people, but that’s how real of a picture Hoover creates with her words.  Her words have put a spell on me and I’m not looking forward to ending the story.  Nothing will be as good… except maybe Loosing Hope.  I can’t wait for Holder’s point of view. 

Readers, go quickly to your Nook or Kindle and buy these books, do not hesitate, you should actually be doing this right now.  You will not be sorry, you will thank me.  And speaking of Thanking… I should take this moment to thank my book friend JillBud for introducing me to Colleen Hoover.  You pick amazing books Jill, and I thank you!  Keep Reading my Friends!  

No comments: