Monday, May 26, 2014

The Beginning of a Rush Crush on Monday


Fallen Too Far by Abbi Glines
After disaster upon disaster hits poor Blaire Wynn, she sells her family home in Alabama and moves to Rosemary Beach Florida to find her estranged father.  The same father who she hasn’t seen in five years since he left his wife and daughter after a tragic car accident that killed Blaire’s twin.  When she arrives she finds she has a step brother named Rush (who happens to be a rock star’s son) and her father is off with his new wife in Paris.  With nowhere to go Rush takes pity on her giving her a bed and little else so she can wait until her dad gets back and they can figure things out.  She feels how unwelcome she is from the first minute she’s there in the huge house with the extravagant parties and Rush doesn’t roll out any red carpets, but she also feels a strange attraction to him.  Knowing that she has to move out and start a life of her own, she quickly finds a job to save up for her own place and she finds that Rush isn’t the unkind jerk that he always pretends to be.  Of course there has to be a huge upset and it so happens to be a secret that will destroy Blaire, what will she do?  Has she fallen too far to be able to forgive the wrongs done?  So many questions that can only be answered if you read this book!

I loved this book and I cannot wait to continue with this series.  Blaire and Rush are well written and fun.  Maybe it’s not the characters, maybe I’m actually in love with Abbi Glines.  She has kept my attention on her characters all week.  I haven’t done a single dish or washed any dishes, my house is a wreck and I can’t stop reading.  I have requested every single one of her books from the library and when I can’t get them fast enough I’m buying them on my nook.  I’m ruined!
I can’t wait to read this entire series.  I liked Rush, he was a great character, he was so mysterious and never let Blaire in and therefore we didn’t know much about him.  He did things at the beginning that I would never have been able to forget.  It would have tainted the entire relationship for me, but Blaire was able to forgive and forget easily.  Guess I’m just a bitter female. 

With most New Adult books, I cannot recommend this book to anyone under the age of 18.  So, if you are a young reader, stay in the young adult genre.  
I hope you find books that you enjoy.  Keep Reading my friends!

No comments: