Monday, May 26, 2014

The Best Side of Daemon yet!


Opal (Lux #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Have I mentioned that I heart the Lux series?  I cannot get over how much it warms my heart to read about Katy and Daemon.  This book has done it again.  I fell for Daemon in Obsidian, I got to know him a little better and start to see through his tough exterior in Onyx, but Opal is by far the best side of Daemon yet.  We get to see his sweet, romantic, loving side without losing his confident, cocky, arrogant side.  I loved this book. I could start reading it over again right now and not be upset.

I’m not sure that I could sum up this book in a paragraph without losing some readers so I’ll go straight into what I loved about this book and I probably won’t even try to say what I didn’t like (because the only things I didn’t like were characters that were supposed to get on my nerves, i.e. Blake-ugh, hate that guy and Dee’s falling out with Katy- sad that friendship was gone.  I hated Will-so glad he is out of the picture.  I hated what happened with Carissa).    But I loved so much, so let’s start there.
I loved Prom and the picnic by the lake.  So sweet and romantic.  I loved that there was a fire and food and it was in a special place for both Daemon and Katy.  I love that he still calls her Kitten.  Have I said that before in these blogs?  I love the nickname Kitten.  So glad he calls her that and not Kitty Cat, that nickname sends the bad chills down my back (and not in a good way).

I cannot wait for Origin.  Requested from the Library and I can’t wait!
Read this series!  It’s an excellent YA series and suddenly I am very interested in Aliens! Keep Reading my Friends!

No comments: