Saturday, August 16, 2014

A Little Peak at the Bad Aliens


Obsession (In the Obsidian Family) by Jennifer Armentrout
A standalone book that directly links back to the Obsidian universe.  This was an excellent Adult book by Armentrout that gave us a great look into the Arum and what they are like.  I loved Hunter, what a great male lead character, bad boy falling for the naïve girl that has no idea what’s going on around her and how much danger she is actually in.  Serena meets her best friend Mel at a bar and hears the craziest story she has ever heard.  Her friend saw her boyfriend and his brother glow, like a light bulb, like they aren’t human.  Well the story quickly progresses and Serena has to be protected by Hunter, an Arum that works for the Department of Defense.  Until they change their mind, but only after Hunter has started feeling something for Serena, which makes his task of killing her sort of a problem.

In this book we also get to see Daemon for a split second and we see Luc and more of what his role in the overall Obsidian world.   
The Obsidian books are young adult, there are some spots that I wouldn’t recommend for younger readers, but as a whole they are wholesome enough for most readers.  Obsession is an adult book with adult content and I wouldn’t recommend this to anyone younger than 18. 

I am glad that I read this book and got this side of the story.  I think it will be important in the next Obsidian book because I think Hunter is going to show back up in that story as well.  We’ll see. 
Keep Reading my Friends!

No comments: