Saturday, August 16, 2014

Marcus breaks Bro-Code for Low


Because of Low (Sea Breeze #2) by Abbi Glines
I have read several of Abbi Glines books so far and Because of Low is right up there with my favorite of her books thus far.  My friend Jill-Bud recommended this book to me a couple of years ago when Glines first published it.  She told me how much she loved it and how great the story was.  I Put it on my goodreads list and over the last few years my ever growing “To be Read” pile let me forget this book and the author until Barnes and Nobles had an ebook sale Breathe (the first Sea Breeze novel) for $1.99 and I decided to buy it and fell in love with Abbi Glines and loved the beginning of the Sea Breeze series.  I’ve also read the Too Far series and was introduced to Rush and you can find those blogs on the right hand side of my homepage. 

We first meet Marcus Hardy in Breathe where he falls for Sadie White and poor Marcus gets his heart broken because Sadie is in love with Jax Stone, Rock Idol Extraordinaire.  Marcus was sweet and thoughtful and apparently gorgeous, even if Sadie didn’t fall for him she still thought he was hot.  In Because of Low we find Marcus has moved back to Sea Breeze from Tuscaloosa, Alabama to help his mom and sister with some family problems.  He moves in with Cage York, a womanizer who he barely knows.  One night Willow steps into his apartment waiting for Cage but Marcus is quickly corrected about his assumption that she is not just one of Cage’s one night stands, because Cage has staked his claimed on Low, she is his future wife. Marcus tries to stay away from Low in order to uphold Bro-code, but as he gets to know her and Cage is never home, they start to have these sweet moments and fall for each other.  There was quite a bit of foreshadowing with Marcus promising never to hurt or leave Low.  At that point the reader can assume that something crazy is going to happen.  I guessed what the crazy twist in the story was pretty early on, but I enjoyed Glines taking me on the Marcus/Low journey regardless. 
I look forward to reading more Sea Breeze books and see what becomes of Cage in the next book.  What is your favorite Abbi Glines book?  I can’t wait to see what happens in Grant’s books. 

As always I can’t recommend New Adult books to anyone under 18 (or in the state of Alabama, 19).
Keep Reading my Friends!

No comments: