Monday, November 3, 2014

Just Breathe


Breathe by Abbi Glines
Breathe will always be my gateway book to this author.  I have a friend that reads all New Adult authors and she introduced me to Colleen Hoover and also Abbi Glines (props to Jill-Bud!).  I have adored everything that Colleen Hoover has published and I wait with bated breath until the next book comes out.  I am now starting to adore Abbi Glines’ books as well.  I love how likable the characters are that she has created thus far. 

Sadie White does not have the normal summer job that all the other students from high school have.  She is the breadwinner for her pregnant single mother.  So she has to have a job that will pay the bills and she also has to save up some money so they can survive when her mom has the baby and she starts her senior year of high school.  So when her mom can’t get up for work on Sadie’s first day of summer break, Sadie goes to her mom’s job which just happens to be cleaning for the teen idol Jax Stone.  Will Sadie be able to put away the thoughts of the teen idol so she can provide for her family?  Can she possibly not fall for this guy?  Luckily she has Marcus, the good looking server who works alongside her to distract her from the possibility of Jax getting in the way of her livelihood.
This is what I consider a beach read.  Grab a towel, find some shade on a sandy beach and get lost in reading.  You’ll finish it in a day and you’re glad you stopped by to get to know these characters even if it didn’t last too long.  This is not a long relationship, you just read it, enjoy the fun of it and move right on to the next book.  Don’t look for deep intellectual findings here, just read and enjoy!

I loved Sadie as a POV character.  She was great.  I loved that she didn’t think she had any personality and that she was boring.  But apparently she was beautiful and super hot because every single guy wanted to hang out with her.  No seriously, there wasn’t a boy in sight that didn’t fall in love with her.  The men she worked with, her employer, her friend’s friends, etc.  Do you know who this person is in your life?  I have had a few of these girls that have been in my life that you just can’t even understand how the heck they get so much attention. 
Well, I’m happy I read this book, I can’t wait to read Because of Low (Sea Breeze #2).  I hope Marcus can find some love, poor guy didn’t have a chance. 

What’s your favorite “Beach Read?”
This book is recommended to readers over 18 years old.  Keep Reading my Friends!

No comments: