Monday, November 3, 2014

You Can't Script Love


Love Unscripted by Tina Reber
I have had this book on my “to read” list on goodreads for a very long time.  I pushed Love Unscripted to the very top when all the stars were aligned perfectly.  First it came available at the library, then I heard about an amazing author event in Nashville (a mere 3 hours away from my home in Birmingham) and Tina Reber was going to be there!  I started reading it the week of the event.  When I had around 100 pages left I was so in love with the characters that I decided to write Tina on Goodreads and just tell her how much I was enjoying the book and that I was going to the event and I was excited to meet her.  She wrote me back!!!  It was such a happy day until I actually met her and that was such a great experience for me.  She was down to earth, funny, and made me feel welcomed at her table.  I really lucked out because the girl in front of me was an aspiring author and picked her brain asking questions that I was too scared to ask and I received a lot of great information.  I also found out that Tina wants to mentor new authors and I didn’t even mention to her that I would love for her to mentor me!  It was an excellent event and it makes my heart happy to be in a room with so many readers and our “rock star authors.”  Oh and not to mention that Tina took a selfie with me!  How cool is that?

I loved this book!  I loved Taryn Mitchell and I thought she was an excellent main point of view character.  She was fun and truthful and real.  I loved Ryan.  Gosh what a great male lead.  He was passionate, loving, honest, and he just made me happy.  Even when he was upset and they fought it was honest and I could see the scene unfolding in front of me.
I loved how Ryan and Taryn met.  The drinking and playing pool and her seriously just hoping to calm him down and take care of him.  I loved that she played hard to get at the beginning.  I loved that she turned down giving him her number.  I loved the weekend at the lake… what am I talking about?  I loved the book and I laughed and cried, and read and read.  I think above everything in the entire book that I loved was how deep their relationship grew with great conversation and over time even if brief.  I felt close to both characters and I believed 100% that they were growing closer in their relationship.  There’s nothing more unreal than a relationship that I can’t put my finger on why they like each other in the first place, but I am overwhelmed by Ryan and Taryn and their love for one another. 

I can’t wait to read Love Unrehearsed!  I’ll keep you posted on how it goes! 
I can only recommend this to 18 and older readers.  Keep Reading my Friends!

No comments: