Sunday, February 28, 2010

2 dead guys, 1 goth girl, the story continues.


Kiss of Life: A Generation Dead Novel by: Daniel Waters

The second book of the Generation Dead series begins right where the first left off. With a surprise ending, I had to quickly find the second installment. I read it within a weekend and now I’m awaiting the 3rd book with baited breath (Passing Strange). Haha, ok, maybe not. But it was a really good book and I have added it to the list of books to come out in 2010. The third book comes out this summer, yet another entertainment avenue to look forward to (Eclipse in Theaters, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows installment #1, and some books to look for- Linger by Maggie Stiefvater and Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins).

In the first book, I really appreciated the way the other had us reading from a few different people’s perspective. The second book caries on the way the first left off. We are not left in the dark about what the bad guys are thinking or who’s causing trouble, because we are in his mind and know what he’s doing and thinking.

Kiss of Life was a typical love triangle, one girl, and two guys battling for her affections. Usually during these love wars I can pick sides confidently, but in Kiss of Life I felt very fickle about which guy Phoebe should end up with. I changed my mind at least 3 times throughout the book, and at the end I still wasn’t sure even though Phoebe had made up her mind.

Being the perfectionist that I am, I did find a few typing errors in the book. Things like “The” instead of “They.” It’s something I could ignore, but if I wrote a book and my editor didn’t catch something like that I would be heartbroken.

I don’t have a lot to say about this book, my opinions from the first book stand true in the second. I think its well worth reading. It’s sort of sad at parts and exciting in others. Read it and let me know what you think. Are you excited about Passing Strange, installment number 3 coming out? Let me know, leave a comment!

No comments: