Saturday, June 29, 2013

Dead and Over It.


Deadlocked (Sookie Stackhouse #12) by Charlaine Harris
This poor series.  I remember reading the first 5 or 6 books in a week.  It was thrilling learning about this new world of shifters and weres and vampires.  I loved the characters and growing with them, now it’s just bla.  Deadlocked was not the worst book I’ve ever read, but there is nothing that really happens.  Without giving spoilers I will just say that I’m upset about how things are going with Eric… oh wait, Eric who?  There were no love scenes, there was no romance, just Sookie’s inner monologue about how confused she was about Eric and their relationship.  I miss Eric.  He used to make me laugh and make me happy, but now he just enters and leaves a scene with no existence.

Deadlocked seems to be just a day in the life of Sookie, where we see her go to work, and come home and get invited to hang out with her vampire husband and then she goes to bed and does it all over again, or she just yells at Eric and goes to bed. 
I did appreciate the twist in the end.  Not the very end, but who done it (grammatical error intended).  We knew from the beginning that Jannalyn was a horrible Werewolf that was evil, but we didn’t know the why’s.  So, that was a good twist, I did not see that coming. 

I can feel the series coming to an end.  I didn’t realize that the next book is the last.  I’m kind of glad.  I need for this series to end, the last two books have been dreadful and I can only hope that the last book is excellent.  I fear that it will just be Quinn, Sam, Alcide, Eric, and Bill fighting for Sookie’s affections.  I have a thought of who she will end up with in the end.  I promise to tell the truth if I’m right or wrong with my guess. 

Again, I would only read this book if you love the series, and if you want to complete the series.  I’m ready to see what happens in the end.  What about you?  Keep Reading my friends! 

No comments: