Monday, November 25, 2013

Can you Ride a Bike?


Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen
This is my first Dessen book to read.  I listened to one other and enjoyed it a lot so I put away in the back of my mind to keep my eye out for others.  Well low and behold I found them all at 2nd and Charles and so I picked up Along for the Ride. 

Dessen has a great way of introducing characters that are easy to read and easier to like.  Auden was a strange bird, I’m not going to lie (why would I?  It’s my blog).  Weirdness aside I cheered her on the entire book.  I wanted her to be happy and was upset when she was upset.  Her mom was very strange as well and I could see why she wasn’t easy to get along with.  Eli was a great male character and I was happy that he had so many secrets for us to find out during the course of the book.  I thought it was funny that she made out with his brother the first night she arrived at the beach, but as we got to know her, we realized that was not her personality at all.
What I didn’t like.  Her dad.  He was written well, but a selfish pig.  I’m glad he had a little salvation at the end.  I would have told him off the first time I saw him ignoring his family.  Boom.

I have ordered a few more of her books off of Paperbackswap.com and look forward to reading them.  They are fun, easy reads that don’t take a lot of time, but are highly entertaining and are especially great when you don’t want to start a series.  Dessen has a way of developing intriguing characters that are easy to read.
Thanks for stopping by!  Keep reading my friends!

No comments: