Friday, December 5, 2008

Big mouth? Entertainment Value: High!



Queen of Babble in the Big City by Meg Cabot

Lizzie Nichols is back and loose on New York City. She comes to the big city with her best friend Shari (and their boyfriends) but has no job and no place to live. Things seem to start to fall into place when her boyfriend asks her to move in to his place, she lands a job (that doesn’t pay) at a wedding gown refurbishing store and Shari’s boyfriend Chaz gets her a paying job at his father’s law firm. Of course, her mouth gets her in trouble when she befriends Jill Higgins, a New York society bride with a troublesome future mother-in-law. She gets fired because of the friendship with Higgins and ends up homeless because she mentions the M-word (marriage) to her boyfriend. The question is, can she rescue herself from the crazy trouble that her mouth has gotten herself into?

This book was very good. Cabot found a winner with Lizzie, she has such a great personality and she’s a lot of fun. When I read this book, I would just squirm knowing that something disastrous was about to happen. You could feel it! I just wanted to take my hand and clamp her mouth shut, I could see what was going to happen after she opened her big mouth. I remember thinking… Don’t do that… oh, well, now you’ve done it. Ha Ha! At her law office job, a new character is introduced, Tiffany, the perfect model that forces Lizzie to see herself in a clearer light. She’s a good friend for Lizzie and I appreciate her in the story.

Here’s the disclaimer: this book is rated R for sexual content and language. Please do not read this book, if you are under that age of 18. If you do read this against my wishes and you are under that age, don’t go blaming your rotted out mind on me, I warned you!

No comments: