Sunday, August 18, 2013

Hope is Not Lost... I'm having issues coming up with witty titles, give me a break!


Losing Hope (Hopeless #2) by Colleen Hoover

In Hopeless all secrets are revealed and lived through by our heroin Sky Davis.  As she starts public school for the first time with an unearned reputation and her best friend leaves her and enters Holder. Holder is a mysterious boy with the bad past with a tattoo of Hopeless on his arm, who immediately freaks Sky out from the very beginning.  When the audience moves on to Losing Hope, we feel like we are going into this book and we know all Sky and Holder’s secrets.  We will not learn anything new, just the same story from a different point of view.  That would be incorrect.  Losing Hope is so much more than Holder’s POV, we see why he makes every decision, why he reacts the way he does and even the hurtful things that we know are coming are just as hard to bear because it is coming from a different direction and our hearts hurt all over again.
Wow!  Just Wow.  I loved Hopeless and I loved the characters, I loved Hoover’s writing style, everything.  I didn’t know that Hopeless could be topped, but I think I liked it that much more from Holder’s point of view.  I like the breaks in the story between letters to his twin sister.  I loved learning about her death even though it was heart breaking. 

I loved Daniel, what a funny guy.  He did outlandish things that I laughed out loud about.  I loved that he made up nicknames for his friends and frienemies as well. There were a few scenes that stuck out with Daniel.  The cafeteria was my absolute favorite, I was laughing out loud when he pointed specific people out and told them the rumors they had started.  I was also happy to see Holder and Breckin’s friendship.  Breckin was also a character that made me laugh.       
If you read Hopeless, which I hope you did, then this is the next book for you.  There are some surprises in the book that were not in Hopeless so, download today!  Keep Reading my Friends!

No comments: