Sunday, August 4, 2013

Mom, Dad, this is... what's your name again?


Faking It by Cora Carmack
Cade Winsten is getting his masters in Philadelphia, after graduating college and moving from Texas, but you can’t move away from everything when heartbreak follows you.  The love of his life Bliss Edwards also moved to Philly with her new boyfriend Garrick Taylor.  For more information about this said heartbreak and relationship please see Losing It by Cora Carmack. 

Cade is struggling.  He’s in school, but he’s having a hard time living with his broken heart.  Even meeting up with Bliss and Garrick for coffee causes heartache.  Fate just happened to be thinking about Cade and in walks Max.  This dual narrated book shows both Max and Cade’s perspective on an impromptu relationship that comes from faking a relationship.
I loved this book.  I just thought I loved Bliss and Garrick.  I really loved Max and Cade.  I loved how they saw themselves and each other.  I loved how different their internal voices sounded and I really enjoyed going back and forth and hearing the same interactions from the different perspectives.  I usually am more of a one Point of View book reader, but this was not distracting and it gave enlightenment on why situations were taking place.  I enjoyed it very much. 

Carmack has a great way of writing love scenes as well.  The audience felt every kiss and touch and missed it when they weren’t there too (as I stated before in my Losing It blog). 
I can’t wait until we see what’s in store for Kelsey in Finding It.

Keep Reading my Friends!

No comments: