Sunday, August 4, 2013

Look at that Cover, Now Move Along


The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith
This is a book that got me.  It got me because I judged this book on the cover and title.  I thought it was going to be excellent.  Don’t get me wrong, it was good, but not excellent. 

Hadley Sullivan misses her flight from JFK in New York to London for her dad’s wedding by 4 minutes.  She then meets Oliver.  He’s a hot British college age guy who happens to be sitting in her row.  As the plane takes Hadley and Oliver across the world, the night goes by in a flash.  When they arrive at the London airport, they get separated by airport madness and with no information exchanged, Hadley goes to her dad’s wedding a little heartbroken and definitely can’t keep her mind off of Oliver.  With crazy time coincidences and changes in plan, will Oliver and Hadley meet again?
For being such a short book, this book was kind of long and at times a little boring.  Hadley would have these crazy flashbacks or memories and they were sort of confusing and would actually take away from the story.  I have seen these done well where they bring life into the story, but these memories or thoughts usually just took away. 

I also felt no connection with the characters, nor did I care what happened to the characters.  It was a sweet story, but not really worth my time.  Do I wish I hadn’t read this book? Naw… Do I recommend it?  Naw… But I do hope you find something to read that lifts your spirits, breaks your heart, and keeps you reading!  Keep Reading my Friends!

No comments: