Sunday, August 4, 2013

Maximum Ride Comes to an End


Nevermore by James Patterson (Maximum Ride #8)
2013 has been the year of finishing series.  Many series that I have read for years have ended this year, or I have finally caught up.  This is the last book of the Maximum Ride series.  I am unsure why I have continued this series.  The characters are not well written, there are complete and utterly unrepentant undertones of environmentalism.  Not that that is a bad thing, but why not just have bird kids save the world because it’s entertaining and not just because you want to put a political statement out there?  

This last book begins with Fang still being gone and Max and Dylan are growing closer.  Angel is gone, like she exploded in France in the last book and the flock are just not talking about it.  The flock is going to school and living a non-violent life.  Meanwhile, Fang’s gang is trying to learn more about the 99% apocalyptic movement that is going to wipe out the whole human race except the 1% of humans with super mutant abilities.  It’s going to be the flocks goal to not only stay safe from Ary (Max’s mutant dead half brother) and his gang of wolf hybrids, but also save the world from the environmental woes that will surely be coming before this series ends.
Now that I have lost my reading audience with my recap of what the book is about, here are my thoughts.  Read this book if you have been reading the series.  If you haven’t started, don’t.  These books are for a young audience, like under 14.  These are not young adult books, but preteen books.  I am so glad that I borrowed each of these books from the library and only read/listened to them if there was not much going on.  My list of books to read is ever increasing and I need to stop adding to the list and take care of some books that are already on there, I’ll be more careful with the books I pick in the future.  Thanks for stopping by my blog.  Keep Reading my friends!

No comments: