Sunday, August 18, 2013

The Sisterhood Grows


3 Willows: The Sisterhood Grows by Ann Brashares
I remember seeing this book all over the blogosphere several years ago and it has been on my to-read list for a very long time, but it just seemed to be one of those books that I never got around to.  I still have not read it, but I listened to it on one of my solitary trips from Alabama to Texarkana and I enjoyed it very much. 

Three Willows is an offshoot of the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants (another book that is currently on my shelf yet to be read).  It talks of 3 best friends, Polly, Jo and Ama, who have slowly drawn apart as they have grown to middle school age.  When they were very young, they planted three willow trees and as the years have gone on, the trees have grown while their friendships have grown stale.  We travel with each girl during a summer of change and each girl experiences something new and different, each have struggles, but in the end they all make it out older and wiser for their struggles.
I wish I could remember more, it has been a very long time since I listened to this and since it doesn’t look like the series will continue, I’ll just have to say that this was a cute read meant for a very young audience.  I would say girls anywhere between the ages of 10-14 would enjoy this book.   

I do need to read Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, until then… Keep Reading My Friends!

No comments: